Integrated Shipyard Services
for Refit Projects
“The Captain’s success is our success.”
Founded in 2002, Palmawatch is an extremely well established and experienced yacht service company operating within the STP facilities of Palma de Mallorca.
PalmaFits is a department exclusively dedicated to professional project management. Our experienced team can handle all types of refits including periodic surveys, class, flag and large yacht code specifics, engineering and structural requirements as well as cosmetic works such as interior re-modelling and paintwork.
Our professional experience and dedication is at your disposal, and we look forward to discussing any aspect of the project that you may be planning in the future.
STP’s – Palmafits’ Facilities
- 70.000m2 ground surface
- 35.000m2 surface mooring
- 6 pits stranded deep draft sailboats
- 5.000m2 workshop
- High flow gas station
“STP-Palma considered one of the most professional locations in the world to undertake refit projects”
Structured Project Management
Refit Project Management
- Initial Planning Activities
- Job lists converted to work breakdown and specifications.
- Contractor management; including selection and matching to jobs, requests for quotation, supervision on board with visits to workshops, order control.
- Financial control; including budgeting, expenditure forecasting, purchase order control, invoice tracking all continuously linked back to budget & reconciled to bank.
- Specialist in insurance incident and claim management.
- Pragmatic schedules; collapsible for vessel and contractor focus views.
- Coordination of consultants, contractors, surveyors, and shipyard services.
- Crew support & assistance with project administration and leadership.
- Periodic reporting; typically monthly with cost, ‘hot issue’, and action items.
- Proactive meetings; including weekly scheduled contractor and crew meetings.
- Clear tracking – all project spreadsheets and files online.
- Administrator support; including issue tracking, goods received, inventory bookings.
- Business travel to designers, suppliers, classification societies and owners as required.
- Project updates to key members, using the preferred messaging service.
Yacht Agency Services
- Full administration services for projects under our management.
- TPA management and administration.
- Crew and yacht clearances at the Border Police Office.
- Immigration formalities (LOI and transit visas for crew members).
- Ex-VAT invoicing for qualifying vessels.
- Cash to master.
- Customs and Harbour liaison.
- Importation & Shipping of spares.
- Importation of goods for vessels “in transit”.
- Sourcing of spares & goods.
- Berth reservations in the Med.
- Postal services.